A Good Yarn

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Red and Pink

Well, I decided to just forget going into the office at all yesterday. Once I was lounging around the house in my pjs, it just didn't seem like a good idea to go in for just a few hours and then have to deal with traffic coming home. So, old fashioned snow day for me! I did have to shovel the 10.5" of snow from my sidewalks and it was really wet and heavy! I guess that's why there were over 800 slipped and crashed cars and about 20% of the buses were stalled. I, on the other hand, was beading:



I started with a bracelet:



I originally bought all these beads with a particular design in mind, but I waited too long to make it and can't for the life of me remember what it was. So, I just sort of made this one up. I wear that color of pink a lot and don't have a lot of jewelry that color, so I know that's one reason I chose these beads. I ended up with 2 extra of those long pink beads, so I was going to make earrings, but I promptly dropped it into the chair I was sitting on and couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe in 6 months I'll find it. I also made a necklace and earrings:



I got the red beads from my Secret Pal last year and immediately thought they would look great with a dark wood bead. It's harder than one would think to find dark wood beads. I finally found some and this great pendant. I have no idea what it says. After I made the necklace I decided I needed a creamish color bead too, to lighten it up and pick up the cream on the pendant. I had these tan beads in my stash from a Trendsetters mailing. They sort of look wooden, but they're actually stone.

I also started a caterpillar-type bracelet, but I think I'll return to knitting for the next few days.