A Good Yarn

Monday, March 13, 2006

Snow Day!

We had some lovely, sunny warm spring days last week - no jacket required! It was so nice and I really enjoyed it. We're back to winter today, though:



We've got 8" so far and we're supposed to get a couple more inches before it stops. A lot of schools are closed and MN-DOT is advising no travel unless necessary, so I'm taking a snow day - at least this morning. I'll re-evaluate this afternoon. It's been a long time since we've had a snow day like this, so I'm actually kind of enjoying it. Poor Fiona can barely walk through it since it's deeper than her legs are long, but she's enjoying eating the snow:



Knitting-wise, it's been either boom or bust since my last post. I had a very productive night at knitting group on Wednesday and knit the entire belt for my sister's sweater:



Now all I have to do is sew on the buttons and crochet some belt loops and button loops and it'll be finished! Yeah!!

I didn't knit at all on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Friday night I saw this film with some friends:



I liked it a lot. Felicity Huffman did a great job and was very honest and real. I also thought the supporting actors were all really good too - especially the actor who played her son. I had a lot of pre-conceptions about what the movie was like and about before I saw it, and it was very different than I expected. It's very sweet and I'd recommend it. After the movie we had dinner at Passage to India. It's an ok restaurant. Not the best in the Twin Cities. The portions are huge. The naan was good, but a little greasy.

Saturday I spent most of the day and night at the Camp formerly known as Snoopy. Beth had 4 all you can ride wristbands that were about to expire, so we took all the kids there. They got to ride on every ride in the place and had a great time. I stayed later with the boys so they could have seconds on some of their favorite rides, after we ate dinner. It was a fun, but exhausting day.

Sunday I knit quite a bit on my second snake scarf. I'm almost done with it and I'm almost out of yarn. I may have to make this one slightly shorter than the first, because I'm not buying another skein of yarn for 3" of a kids' scarf. I also got a mani and pedi at eq-life. I really liked the pedicure a lot, but the manicure was nothing special. Perhaps she was a bit rushed because it was close to closing time. I definitely would go back for the pedi next time my feet need a lot of attention, but the manicure was overpriced for the service received.

I've decided to do a little beading for Project Spectrum, so I pulled out all of my pink and red beads:



I've got some good ideas for some jewelry. Stay tuned for some beadwork soon. And here's my entry in the Project Spectrum meme.