A Good Yarn

Friday, August 25, 2006

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

Yesterday I actually pulled on a jacket. Now, I wear suits to court, so I wear suit jackets throughout the summer, but this was an actual outdoors, keep me warm, jacket. It was so wonderful! I love me some fall weather!!



Project Spectrum is winding down too, and it's almost time to just choose projects willy-nilly. It's been fun having the guidance of choosing a certain color each month, but I am starting to chafe a bit at the limitation, so it's time to move on. But first, I knit up a neutral for August:



Yarn Garage was giving out a skein of yarn and this pattern for a preemie hat at Yarnover this year. I decided to set it aside for the PS August neutral month and the time has come! This used only half the skein, so I'm going to make another one. This one seems a bit pointy on top, so I think I may leave off the last 4 rows. I also made it a little shorter than the pattern called for already - perhaps my row gauge is different than theirs - the pattern has no gauge listed. The hats are for Bundles of Love.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so I'm not sure if I'll posting again this week or not. If not, everyone enjoy a lovely weekend!