A Good Yarn

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More Samples



I finished up the second preemie hat:



I made the first hat on size 3 needles and knit one fewer repeat before starting the decreases than the pattern called for. I made the second hat with the called for size 4 needles. My stitch gauge seems about the same, but the row gauge was different, so I knit two fewer repeats of the cables. I also left off the last 4 rows so the top wouldn't be so pointy. I got both hats from one skein of yarn with a small ball left over. I really like this wool/microfiber blend yarn.

I also started my last PS August neutral project:



It's really hard to take a picture of your own arm/hand. These are cream (neutral) and pink Artyarns Cashmere 5 fingerless gloves. As you can see, I need to finish up the thumb still and then knit the second one - I HOPE I have enough yarn for the second. I'm always so bad at figuring out how much is half. I'll save my review of the yarn for when I finish the pair.

I also have a couple more samples to give away if anyone wants them. Sorry the photography is so bad. I turned on the little tulip thing, but it still didn't focus well for the close ups.



A set of crocheted earrings with buttons. These are cute, but just not my style.



A barrette with a little felt butterfly and some ribbon.



Another barrette, this time with sparkly snowflakes.

If anyone wants any of these, let me know and I'll drop them in the mail for you.