A Good Yarn

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I've been a good girl!

'Tis the season, and I've been very lucky this week! A couple of days ago, I got this in the mail:



It's my scarf from the scarf swap! Jaimi knit it and I love it!! Of course, I love the colors because it was my yarn to start with, but this was a genius design! I had no idea what someone would come up with and it's perfect! As soon as I got it, I took off the scarf I was wearing and put this one on. I've been wearing it non-stop since then. THANK YOU JAIMI!!! Scarves are very important for me right now, because it's -9 right now and with wind chill, it feels like -27. Yikes! Remember a week ago when I was tramping around Georgia without a coat? Yeah, me too.

Speaking of Georgia, I got a Christmas present from Jackie, the Child Welfare Officer for the tribe I am a GAL for. While we were in Georgia, she bought this pin that I was admiring for me and gave it to me for Christmas.



Isn't it awesome! I love lizards and I love the fire opal and silver. That Jackie is very sneaky. She was looking at lizards for her mother-in-law and this was the one I liked the best. I decided if she didn't buy it, I was going to buy it for myself. I wandered off to look at some more jewelry and I guess she picked it out then. Later, when I went to see if it was still there and didn't see it, I figured she must have bought it for her MIL. But then she bought a lizard wall hanging for her, so I looked again and couldn't find it. Oh well, I thought, it just wasn't meant to be. Oh, yes it was!!

Yesterday I had a terrible migraine headache, but the day was made much more bearable when I got a package in the mail from my Secret Pal 3. My SP3 was Kim and she was so awesome! Everything she sent was just perfect and the stuff she sent this time was just wonderful! I knew she was sending a package and had decided to keep it for the weekend and open it as a Christmas present, but that thought literally left my head when I saw the package in my in-box. I let Red open the package for me. First thing I saw was this gorgeous yarn!



Isn't it beautiful? It's super soft too. That's probably the exact colorway I would have chosen myself - I've never seen Alchemy yarn, but of course I've heard about it in the blogosphere, so I was pretty excited. I've been trying to decide what to make with it. It seems like it would be super warm, so I'm thinking maybe a hat. Or maybe wristers.

Kim was just visiting a friend in DC and got the yarn at Knit Happens, so she also picked out this cute little pouch for me!



I feel like one of the cool kids! I love the pink and green colors of that store, as you can probably tell by many of my projects on this blog. I've got a little collection of tape measures going, so I think I'm going to keep them in this pouch. Or maybe I'll put my car knitting in it. I have to think about it some more. Yes, I am a freak.

Kim is from Seattle and sent me some nice little treats from there:



Yummy! I love chocolate!

And finally, she also sent me a couple of awesome bars of soap:



Aren't they cute? One is Christmas themed and one is Hannukah themed. They smell heavenly! I LOVE soap. I can't tell you how many bars of soap I picked up and then set down again when I was in Georgia. I was trying not to buy things for myself since I still need to buy Christmas gifts. Candies and soaps and the fish and nuts she sent to me earlier are exactly the type of thing I would buy for myself on a trip, so I feel like I've been on a nice trip to Seattle. I suddenly have a craving for Starbucks.....

Thank you so much Kimbellina! You've been a most excellent secret pal and I look forward to continuing our friendship!